Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm 50 Feet Away From Them

About 10 days ago I drove to Minneapolis. One of the first things I did was see the comedian Jim Gaffigan perform at the State Theater. He was amazing, as always. Watching him, I got that familiar feeling I get when I see a comedian or band that I really admire: that feeling of, they're in the same room as me. I get kind of blown away at the idea that entertainers travel around and I get to be 50 feet from them or 10 feet or in the case of Jim Gaffigan, probably over 100 feet, and I get to watch in-person what they do that I admire. That's pretty cool, and it seems good to still get that childlike awe at it happening.

Cool things from the last couple weeks:
*Found a Wayne's World book at the library book sale, and it was free.
*Made my solo karaoke debut with an off-key performance of "Amish Paradise" by Weird Al Yankovic.

Some pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment