Friday, February 27, 2009

Wine

Bridey had a pot luck at her house on Sunday. That was fun. A lot of people made things. I just brought a bottle of wine and added it to the collection on the counter. In typical fashion, I bought the cheapest bottle I could find (about $6). It tasted okay.

I like the idea of pot lucks on Sunday nights. That seems classy. I always have fantasies where my life consists of things like that, where I'm working on my writing during the day, going to dinner with friends at night, followed by drinking in a dark room with loud music, and then driving home probably too fast, while listening to the Flaming Lips. And then I realize I'm having these fantasies while I'm slouching in my chair watching yet another hour's worth of The Simpsons, drinking Dr. Pepper and eating ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment